Over $1.2M extramural funding as PI since return to academia at Texas A&M in 2014
- [NSF 2018b] EAGER: Real-Time: Learning-Mediated Control for Traffic Shaping, National Science Foundation, Award 1839816, 10/1/2018-9/30/2020, PI N. Duffield, Co-PI’s, K. Narayanan, S. Shakkottai, A. Talebpour, Total $300,000 / Duffield $75,000
- [NSF 2018] EAGER: III: Adaptive Sampling of Massive Graph Streams, National Science Foundation, Award 1848596 , 09/01/2018 to 08/21/2020, PI N. Duffield, $200,488
-  Advanced Traffic Analysis For Network Virtualization, 07/20/2018 to 08/31/2018, PI N. Duffield, $61,743
- [NSF 2016] NeTS: Small: Collaborative Research: Distributed Approximate Packet Classification, National Science Foundation, Award 1618030, 9/1/2016-8/31/2019. PI Nick Duffield $198,346.
- [Intel 2016] Approximation Methods for Massive Graph Analytics, Intel Corporation, PI Nick Duffeld, $30,000
- [DARPA 2015] DEDUCE: Distributed Enclave Defense Using Configurable Edges. DARPA, $11,500,000, 7/1/2015-12/31/2018, Applied Communication Sciences. Texas A&M Subaward, PI: Nick Duffield. Total / Duffield $400,000
- [Google 2015] Traffic Measurement from High-level Names in Software Defined Networking, Google Faculty Research Award, 2015, $79,992, PIs N.G. Duffield and Minlan Yu (University of Southern California).
As no-cost collaborator while at AT&T Labs Research, 1995-2013
- [DARPA 1998] MINC: Multicast-based Inference of Network-internal Characteristics. DARPA and Air Force Research Laboratory agreement F30602-98-2-0238. 1998-2001. PI Don Towsley (University of Massachusetts), PI Vern Paxson (Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory), PI Nick Duffield (AT&T Labs) Total $918,738 / Duffield: Non-funded cost sharing.
During academic career in Europe, 1995 and earlier
- [Forbarit 1995] Economies of Scale in Queueing Networks, Forbairt Ireland Research Grant SC/95/424, 1995-1997. PI: Nick Duffield. Total IRL 10,000.
- [Eolas 1993] MU-DELTA. Mentec Computer Systems and EOLAS, Ireland, 1993-1995. John Lewis, PI (Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies), Nick Duffield Co-PI (Dublin City University. Total IRL105,000
- [TAMU 2018] Sustain: Smart Use Of Site-Specific Technology With Artificial Intelligence Networks, Texas A&M T3 Grant, March 2018, PI R. Hardin (Texas A&M Biological and Agricultural Engineering), co-PIs N. Duffield, N. Rajan (Texas A&M Soil and Crop Sciences), $30,000
- [TAMU 2016a] Understanding Multi-Scale Hydrology: Fusion of BIG DATA from Ground Networks and Space-Based Satellites, Texas A&M Big Data Seed Grant, January 2016, PI: Binayak Mohanty (Texas A&M Biological and Agricultural Engineering); co-PI: N. Duffield. Total $50,000./ Duffield $25,000
- [TAMU 2016b] Improving Understanding of Travel Behavior and Transportation Systems through Big Data Analytics, Texas A&M Big Data Seed Grant, January 2016, PI: Shawn Turner (Texas A&M Transportation Institute) co-PI: N. Duffield. Total $50,000 / Duffield $25,000
- [TAMU 2016c] Boosting Attack Identification through Correlated System & Network Monitoring. Texas A&M Cybersecurity Seed Grant, January 2016,. PI: N. Duffield, co-PI: Guofei Gu (Texas A&M Computer Science and Engineering). Total $50,000 / Duffield $25,000